What’s the difference between CREW Network and CREW Austin membership?
CREW Austin is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW Austin is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 70+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 11,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW Austin reflects those of CREW Network, CREW Austin has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its market. CREW Austin uses CREW Network's qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisite, and determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
CREW Austin typically holds a luncheon once a month and periodically hosts additional professional development & networking events.
We encourage members to get involved on a committee to help maximize your membership experience. Committee participation can vary, but each committee normally has a one-hour meeting or conference call once a month.
What are the benefits of membership?
As a CREW Austin member, you have access to all local and CREW Network benefits, including:
- Local networking opportunities
- Programs at reduced member prices
- Monthly newsletter
- Invitations to member-only events
- Involvement in an organization of members who are dedicated to the profession and to helping each other succeed
- Opportunities for development of business and leadership skills to enhance your professional status in the industry, at either the local or global level (or both).
- Exclusive access to CREWbiz, an online business networking tool, membership directory, speakers’ directory and personal marketing profile. Your profile on CREWbiz can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our member base of more than 11,000 professionals globally.
- Discounted registration to the CREW Network Convention and Marketplace and the winter, spring and fall CREW Network Leadership Summits
- Exclusive access to programs and leadership trainings, including the CREW Network Certificate in Leadership
What are the requirements to join? How much does membership cost?
CREW Austin has opportunities for individuals with experience levels across the board. From students to seasoned professionals, CREW Austin can benefit the career of anyone who is passionate about the commercial real estate industry.
The majority of CREW Austin members have at least six (6) years of experience in the CRE industry and are currently employed in a full-time managerial, senior level, professional, principal, or revenue-generating position in one or more of the qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE).
CREW Austin offers different categories with different requirements and dues rates ranging from $90/year to $520/year.
View details »
What is the application process?
Once an application is recieved, the Membership Committee will review to verify information. Qualified applications are forwarded to the Board of Directors for final approval. The process typically takes 30-45 days.
How many years must I have worked in the CRE industry? Which CRE disciplines are represented?
Active and Affiliate Members must have six (6) years of continuous experience in one of the qualified fields of commercial real estate. Associate members are not required to have any experience, only to be currently employed in a qualified field.
The fields determined to qualify individuals for membership with CREW Network and CREW Austin are defined here »