Boost your leadership skills and expand your network as a part of a CREW Austin Committee—all while making a difference in our mission to advance the success of women in commercial real estate. Committee members learn about the operations of CREW Austin, connect with other dedicated members, and gain the valuable experience needed for future leadership positions within CREW Austin.
All current CREW Austin members are welcome to explore the opportunity of committee service.
Interested in joining? Contact one of our Committee Chairs today!
- Responsible for Chapter communication via media resources, newsletter content, newsworthy articles and member promotion
- Coordinates the content for monthly newsletter, social media and other media alerts regarding Chapter events and member information
- Works to keep the CREW Network and CREW Austin brand relevant, topical and newsworthy
- Supports CREW Austin chapter and its committees with the marketing and promotion of programs and special events
- Maintains working relationships with commercial real estate media such as Austin Business Journal, Austin American-Statesman, REDNews Magazine, etc.
- Assist with selecting the Member of the Year & New Member of the Year Awards
Community Outreach Committee
- Increase community awareness and visibility of CREW Austin and CREW Network.
- Provide CREW Austin Members the opportunity to participate in meaningful community activities and events
- Coordinate with the Public Relations Committee and social media resources to ensure communication with members and promotion of events.
- Obtain and distribute items with CREW logo to be worn by CREW Members.
- Help with other CREW activities such as CREW Careers, UCREW and CREW Network Foundation as needed.
CREW Careers Committee
- Coordinates a program at the Ann Richards School for Girls allowing ninth graders to spend an afternoon learning about commercial real estate development from the ground up.
- Solicit and help choose the commercial real estate development project that students will learn about.
- Recruit CREW members from different areas of the real estate profession to come talk with students.
- Members of the committee have the opportunity to work with and get to know many different members of CREW and learn about their profession.
Golf Adventure Committee
- Plans and coordinates the signature CREW Golf Adventure.
- Collaborates to create an event that allows CREW members to spend the day away from the hustle and bustle of their professional lives by creating a fun environment to network in and learn more about their CREW partners.
- Each member is assigned a task to manage helping to create a fun flow of events.
- Assist with onsite logistics day of event.
Member Services Committee
- Focused on existing member retention and services.
- Promotes membership renewal and performs surveys to assess the needs and satisfaction of members as well as an implementation program to improve services.
- Promotes CREW Network by having lunch-n-learns on the Playbooks, discussions on whitepapers, and encouraging outreach to members in other chapters.
- Designs events to promote member-to-member relationships, providing members with new clients, contacts and career development.
- Creates Legacy programing supporting our long-standing members.
- Focused on recruitment.
- Review membership applications and make recommendations to board on new members.
- Recruit high-level commercial real estate industry leaders and decision makers via the “Smart Grown Initiative” to meet goals for targeted mix of disciplines and demographics.
- Create elevator speeches to help members talk about “Why CREW?”.
- Host an annual prospective member reception and new member appreciation event.
- New member welcome packet and “roadmap”
- If you can’t make our meetings you can still help us with phone calls and e-mailing.
- Identify speakers and innovative/leading edge topics.
- Develop and structure interesting formats for presentations.
- Identify professional skills development training, and recommend delivery vehicles for these programming opportunities.
- These programs and events are the primary source of exposure and credibility for the organization and provide a substantial portion of CREW Austin’s annual revenue.
- The goal of these programs is to increase overall attendance and meet the needs of the membership.
Special Events Committee
- Responsible for planning the Annual Holiday Party
- Plan monthly dine-arounds for all CREW members to enjoy local, new cuisine in Austin
- Committee should be comprised of highly energetic, passionate and organized individuals.
- Assist Golf & Membership Committees as needed on events
- Committee oversees the task of raising funds to support CREW functions.
- Committee members contact a select list of members that have already received information on sponsorships.
- This committee gives members the opportunity to meet other members and learn more about what CREW does for the community.
- Committee meetings start in August and end in December. One meeting per month.
- Coordinates program for women students at local universities to learn about careers in commercial real estate and network with professionals in different CRE fields.
- Recruit CREW members from different areas of the real estate profession to engage in discussion about their fields and lead group discussions regarding different real estate projects and the professionals role in the project.
- Maintain a database of students seeking internships in CRE and match whenever possible to CREW members seeking internships.
- Committee members have the opportunity to mentor young women interested in commercial real estate as a career choice.
- Committee members have the opportunity to work with and get to know different members of CREW and learn about their profession.
HPI Real Estate Services & Investments